The O-RAN SMO platform can be accessed through various user interfaces (UIs), including the OpenDaylight (ODL) UI. OpenDaylight is an open source software-defined networking (SDN) controller platform that provides a modular architecture for network automation and orchestration.
The ODL UI for O-RAN SMO provides a web-based graphical user interface for managing and orchestrating O-RAN network services. It allows users to visualize the network topology, configure network elements, and monitor network performance. The ODL UI also provides a REST API that can be used for programmatic access to the O-RAN SMO platform.
This document discusses about how to build and deploy ODL UI locally for development.
- NodeJs (v12.16.3)
- Yarn (1.22.17 - latest at the time) : npm install --global yarn
Steps to build and run UI locally
- Clone the repo : git clone GitHub - onap/ccsdk-features
- Change the authentication from oauth to basic in
- Change proxy targets in /home/vikas/code/ccsdk-features/sdnr/wt/odlux/framework/webpack.config.js from "http://sdnr:8181" to the ip address of the server where the api gateway is running. This will be used by the UI to get the data from rest endpoints e.g. target: "http://188.8.131.52:30181".
- Now we need to build the base app which will wrap all the other apps like connect, faultApp etc.
Go to ccsdk-features/sdnr/wt/odlux/framework and run the below commands :
- yarn run vendor:dev
- yarn run build:dev
- After this there will be a dist folder created at ccsdk-features/sdnr/wt/odlux. Now we can build the apps we want by going to the respective location and running yarn build:dev. e.g go to ccsdk-features/sdnr/wt/odlux/apps/connect and run yarn build:dev. For the UI to come up we need at least “connect“ and “faultApp“. This can be changed in /home/vikas/code/ccsdk-features/sdnr/wt/odlux/framework/src/index.dev.html
- Once we build the required apps we can run the gui by below command.
- cd ccsdk-features/sdnr/wt/odlux/framework
- yarn start
- GUI can be accessed from localhost:3100
Using the OpenDaylight User Interface (DLUX) — OpenDaylight Documentation Oxygen documentation
If you have any questions about this, please contract us here: https://www.aarnanetworks.com/about-us#contact